- Is your site secure?
- At Larry Adler's we take security seriously. We not only have the latest in security Certificates from InstantSSL in the USA but use the latest encryptions for all credit card transactions.
- Do you distribute my name and address to any 3rd Party?
- No! (more details in our privacy statement.)
- Can I pay using BPAY?
- Yes, for Australian orders only. International orders cannot use BPAY, as it is a national service only. After you complete your order online we will verify that the stock is available. Upon verification, we will send you our biller code, and your reference number. After receiving payment, the order will be sent to the address specified in your order.
- Do you accept Credit cards for Australian orders?
- Yes. We accept the following cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners. For AMEX and Diners there is a 2.5% surcharge.
- What payment do you accept for international orders?
- All international orders are paid using PayPal
- What is "Kids Ski Free"?
- If both parents (or two accompanying adults) each hire their ski, boots & poles or snowboard & boots, for 6 days or more, Larry equips two children for the same up to 12 years of age with "carve" skis, boots & poles FREE of charge (offer does not include clothing). Should a child wish to upgrade to a snowboard package, they may do so for the difference in price.
- If I book my Rental gear in Sydney, can I collect it in the mountains?
- Yes. We strongly recommend advance bookings for rental gear. Once you are sized up in Sydney your order will be flagged for pick up from our Jindabyne store. Please return your Rental gear to the store from which you collected it.
- Where can I drop my Rental gear off to?
- Please return your Rental gear to the store from which you collected it.
- If I wish to take my Rental gear from Sydney once I make my booking, how soon can I collect it?
- All Hire gear booked in the Chatswood and Kent St stores, must be booked at least by 12 noon the day before you you wish to collect your gear. Goods may be collected from 12 noon on the day of pick up.
- Can I demo skis in Jindabyne before I buy?
- Yes and we will credit the one days demo fee towards your purchase.
- Can I swap over my ski package to a snowboarding package half way through my rental period?
- Yes for the difference in price.
- Can a child on the "Kids Ski Free" programme swap their ski package over to a snowboarding package half way through their week?
- Yes. Normal snowboard rental charges will apply for the period.
- Can I book my rental gear in Sydney for pick up in Niseko Japan?
- Yes. You can pre book at any of our stores in Sydney or Jindabyne and it will be packed and waiting for you at our Niseko store on the date you have requested. Our computer system allows us to reserve items down to the exact size colour and model.
- Can I book my rental gear on-line for pick up in Niseko Japan?
- Yes. It will be packed and waiting for you at our Niseko store on the date you have requested. Our computer system allows us to reserve items down to the exact size, colour and model. If you have any trouble going through the prompts on-line please call 1800 Adlers and we can talk you through.
- If I rent gear to take overseas am I charged for travelling time?
- No. We charge only the time you are planning to ski.
- Do you have special rates for corporate or large groups?
- Yes for details contact marketing at head office 02 99137833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If I am not happy with a certain model ski or snowboard can I exchange for another at any time during the rental period?
- Yes depending on availability.
- When can I call for help?
- You can call 1800 ADLERS (1800 235 377) 9am-5pm Mon-Fri
- Who can I email for help?
- You can email email@example.com
- What is your ABN?
- Our ABN is 27352649068
- What currency are your prices in?
- All our prices are in Australian Dollars
- Do I pay GST on items delivered outside Australia?
- Travellers can purchase goods GST-free from any retailer who can arrange the export of the goods to an overseas address. Larger items can be purchased under this scheme and sent directly to the traveller's address overseas. Goods must be purchased no earlier than 60 days before the goods are exported.
Please see http://www.ato.gov.au/content/47516.htm for more details.
- I'm an Australian resident - can I claim a GST refund for items I am taking overseas?
- The Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) enables you to claim a refund, subject to certain conditions, of the goods and services tax (GST) and wine equalisation tax (WET) that you pay on goods you buy in Australia. The TRS is open to all overseas visitors and Australian residents, except operating air and sea crew.
To qualify for a refund you must:
- spend $300 (GST inclusive) or more in the one store and get a single tax invoice
- Buy goods no more than 30 days before departure
- Wear or carry the goods on board the aircraft or ship and present them along with your original tax invoice, passport and international boarding pass to a Customs Officer at a TRS facility
- The refund only applies to goods you take with you as hand luggage or wear (unless aviation security measures, effective from 31 March 2007, in regard to liquids, aerosols and gels prevent you from doing so) onto the aircraft or ship when you leave Australia. It does not apply to services or goods consumed or partly consumed in Australia, such as wine, chocolate or perfume. However, unlike other tourist shopping schemes, most of the goods, such as clothing and cameras, can be used in Australia before departure.
Please see http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4646.asp for more details.
- How do I claim the TRS refund?
- You will need to present the following at the Customs TRS facility when you depart Australia:
- Your goods (unless aviation security measures, effective from 31 March 2007, in regard to liquids, aerosols and gels prevent you from doing so) to prove you are taking them out of the country
- The original tax invoice totalling $300 (GST inclusive) or more from the retailer (to provide information for Customs officers), dated within the last 30 days
- Your passport
- Your international boarding pass or other proof of travel
- Tax invoices for purchases of $1000 or more must contain additional information, such as the name and address of the purchaser.
Claims at airports are available up to 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.
Claims at seaports should be made no earlier than 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.
The TRS facilities are located past Customs and Immigration outwards processing at international airports in sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Cairns, Adelaide, Darwin and Gold Coast, and at selected cruise liner terminals. If you are leaving Australia from a seaport you should contact Customs to find out if and where you can make a claim.
Your claim will be refunded by cheque, credit to an Australian bank account, or credit card, after being processed by Customs and your bank or card issuer.
- What is Precip?
- PreCip® is our “next step” technology that enables us to construct the lightest, most compressible, technical, waterproof and breathable rainwear in the world.
Ventilated and breathable to keep you dry from the inside, PreCip® rainwear has plenty of pockets and custom fit features to keep you warm, dry and comfortable.
The new PreCip® coating is now more waterproof, more breathable and more comfortable to wear. We've added ceramic particles in the coating for added durability, waterproof reliability and Dry Touch comfort.
The key to PreCip® is its barrier technology: a microporous polyurethane that is impregnated with silicon dioxide particles. These particles create small, numerous, very consistent holes that allow the barrier to pass small water vapor molecules but not the bigger liquid ones. This keeps the rain out while letting your sweat vapor work its way outside, away from your body, to keep you dry from the inside as well as from the outside.
PreCip® rainwear is compressible enough to stuff into a water bottle and comes in enough colors and styles to travel with you anywhere– to the mountains, the city or overseas.
- What is Driclime?
- DriClime® Moisture Management Technology is a family of uniquely plaited bi-component knit fabrics engineered to mechanically draw moisture away from your skin to keep you dry, warm and comfortable.
The key to DriClime is 3-Dimensional Wicking. As moisture moves from the inner fabric touching your skin to the outer fabric, it spreads out across the outer fabric to speed the drying process. DriClime never stops working; it continually passes moisture through to the outer surface for fast evaporation. It is not a finish that washes or wears out; it works forever.
DriClime technology is available in a wide range of products: shelled microclimate layers, base layer, gloves, sleeping bags and backpacks.