Nidecker Rave Snowboard 2019
A new Nidecker creation, the Rave is the ultimate all mountain freeride board. It’s up to the task, no matter what you ask it to do: shred backcountry powder, carve up the slopes, slalom through moguls, even bust a few airs when duty calls.
The Rave is part of the R8 Sidecut Series for all-round, everyday performance. It also features: our innovative N-Tech construction, combined with our Freeflex 3.0 in the nose to ward off unwanted vibrations; a full positive camber between the contact points; our lightest core with 3 different woods for optimum lightness, pop, responsiveness and durability; and our N9000 base, produced with carbon nanoparticles, it’s the fastest and most durable we make.
- CONSTRUCTION - N-TECH: The result of years of research and development, N-Tech is a unique construction method we believe represents the future of snowboard manufacturing. It’s a combination of Sandwich and Cap constructions with our Freeflex 2.0 in the nose and the tail, and a special 3D torsion construction between the feet that delivers a truly 3-dimensional riding experience, which is redefining the meaning of high performance snowboarding.
- ABSORBNID: Absorbnid is an innovative top layer designed to absorb unwanted vibrations. This allows us to develop responsive, dynamic boards that still give you a smooth and fatigue free ride.
- 4/2-6 INSERTS: With 6 rows of inserts every 2 cm, this insert combination allows you to adjust your stance to the optimum position, and works with all bindings on the market. Our reference stance is the second narrowest position possible.
- TRIAX PLUS: The result of extensive testing with our riders and engineers, our Triax laminate is oriented at 35° to the board, and contains different glass densities. This provides consistent torsional flex, better pop, and more reactivity on every turn.
- LIGHT CORE: Our lightest core – featuring 3 different wood types. The Light Core is a perfect combination of paulownia for lightness, poplar for pop and responsiveness, and hardwood beech stringers along the edges to increase core durability, pop and protection from edge impacts.
- BASE: Produced with carbon nanoparticles, the N-9000 has a very dense molecular structure, which makes it our fastest, most durable base material.
- FREEFLEX 3.0: In this exclusive technology developed by Nidecker, the nose and tail of the board are specially molded in a very thin composite material layered with a proprietary elastomeric covering. This cancels out vibrations and gives the board a unique, lightweight feel in transitions. Freeflex 2.0 has one of the lowest swing weights in the industry, meaning less chatter and more control.
- WOOD TRANSPARENCY